We had reviewed the sample HIA building contract (lots of scribble through all 48 pages of things to have clarified) and surprise surprise it mostly favours the builder.
Unfortunately there was no update on the stairs situation so we told the CSC that until we have an answer on the stairs we will not make the decision on whether we proceed or not. Tried to call the sales consultant while we were there but no luck getting in touch with him. We went through each item in the specs, the building plans, all the conditions of the contract and also the soil test report. Hopefully the rocks will not affect us.
Here are the errors we identified after the review:
- Incorrect description for overhead cupboards
- Light switch in study is still "floating" in mid air, instead of being attached to the wall
- Doors upgraded but not reflected in the building plans
- Powerpoint for fridge is not installed behind the fridge, instead it's in the cabinet next to the fridge. Um I think we need power to operate our fridge
- Split system in the wrong location AGAIN, somehow it keeps finding it's way back to the incorrect location
Less issues than previous reviews but still not quite there yet.
We were allowed to take one copy of the contract away for our review. To be honest, I think we have both gotten to the point where we are ready to call it a day on this project. 100% certain we are being mislead and ripped off at every point. Our tile appointment with Beaumont is in 1 week, doubtful we will have the above issues addressed by then. Hopefully we can still go to select the tiles.