Over the weekend we took a drive out to see the progress on our land, quite exciting seeing something other than just flat dirt ground. The piping looks like it has been started, although we did find a massive crack in one of the pipes. The cutouts in the ground have been covered up by a black sheet and the broken pipe appears to have been removed (hopefully it wasn't anything major).
The polystyrene blocks have arrived on site and should be setup today ready for the inspectors visit. Concrete pour has been targeted for tomorrow so hopefully the inspector (when he gets on site today) gives the A-ok to the steel and slab work so far! *Fingers crossed* If all goes well, we might be looking at stage completion in a few weeks!
Let me just say, for some time we'd been thinking that we would never get to this point but here we are, finally starting the build!! I think it really shows how long of a process it has been when we get so much joy from seeing the porta-loo sitting on our vacant block!
The digging has also started and temporary fencing has been installed - thank goodness for that as we'd hate for our neighbours to continue using our land as a rubbish tip!
We have been assigned our building and site coordinators for the build. will need to speak to the site manager to discuss invoice process and inspections.
Stage 1 is estimated to take 2-3 weeks and for independent inspections of the stage, it happens in two phases, pre-slab pour and post. The company we have engaged to do our inspections are "new home inspections (NHI)".
Fingers crossed no issues with stage 1!
Finally the rock is off our land!! Cost us ~$400 to have the job done but St least now it's gone! oh how I wish we didn't have to pay that much since we certainly didn't cause the issue!! The nice man that helped remove it even said that he had troubles picking the rock up using the little bobcat because it was so darn heavy!
Bit of good news is that site start will be in approx 1 week!! Next will be meeting with the building team to nut put a few things. And now the stress of the build begins......
The BigM completed their site inspection almost immediately after building permits were issued and the report states that requirement for us to remove the rock and debris from site before they commence building.
Thanks to "lovely" neighbouring builders simonds homes, we now have to head onsite and remove all the ROCKS and debris from our block.
For those that don't know, the rock is one that needs a bobcat to roll out on site and remove it. Also when we reported this, they denied it was them even though they are building 2 houses right next to us. We really don't understand, if your build area is fenced off and there is a massive skip outside your build site, why you continue to dump rubbish all over our block. Please keep it on your site or put it where it belongs, in the skip!
Also thanks to Simonds Homes, 2 of our 4 pegs marking the boundaries of our block are missing so a new site survey needs to be done, luckily this is covered under our fixed site costs. Don't think you can deny this one guys, your fences are sitting on my land so you'd need to have knocked off the pegs to have your fences sitting straight.
We have asked for quotes (to help with the site clean up) on the services seeking website, got a few responses straight away. Waiting on a few more responses before we pick one person for the job. We've also asked the BigM when fences will be going up because we'd hate to clean up the site only for Simonds contractors to use it as a dump site again.
We should have lift off soon. Fingers crossed!
Gosh, it looks like we may finally be finished with all the pre-construction processes. The council has approved the building plans and building permits have been issued (we think).
The BigM will be conducting a site inspection over the next couple or days and then ordering the materials to start our build!!
It's been a really exhausting process so far, hopefully the build will be less painful! fingers crossed!
After some further corrections, our colour schedule, electrical and building plans have all signed off!! yes, the air condensor unit was finally put where it's supposed to go! hooray!
We've been advised there's a variation that will be sent to us for sign off... It better be a zero cost variation, as we haven't requested any changes to any plans other than to correct their mistakes!
Building permit has been applied for so hopefully this means we have lift off very soon!! Fingers crossed NO MORE ISSUES!