An interesting development with the location of the air conditioning unit. Our CSC asked us again whether we choose for the unit to be in that location and advised us that the location (incorrect spot) where the unit is currently drawn is directly above the slab and as now that the plans have been drawn, if it's determined that the customer requested for it to be positioned there, then moving the location of the unit in the plans will cost $2000. We showed her all the multiple versions of our plans since the beginning of time and none of the plans ever showed the air con unit in it's current (incorrect) spot.
After days and days of discussions, we decided to proceed with the build (with extreme caution). It was not an easy decision due to the countless errors and oversights made by the BigM. We really hope that it's all positive from this point onwards, but only time will tell.
We went through the floor plan and marked up the errors so that the CSC could have them corrected. The final plans will be sent through to us for review and approval prior to submission to council and applying for the building permits. Next item was to go through the contract and initial/sign all necessary pages, this took FOREVER for 3 people to initial/sign 3 copies of the contract. Contract Finally Signed. We were then presented with a little suitcase on wheels to store all our building documents in.
Hopefully we will get the updated variation and plans this week, so we can progress with getting our finances organised. We don't want to give the BigM any reason to penalise us for going beyond the end date of the current base price extension period.