1. Our site manager is a Ghost
- The promise from our building coordinator that our new site manager would contact us to introduce himself and then once a week to discuss/update us on progress is a lie. Frames for the first floor are already up, yet we have not heard a peep from the site manager.
2. No Site Access
- We have already requested access to site so we can check the quality of the work from the base stage but have basically been ignored. Our base stage site manager stated he had asked the concreter to fix a few things including levelling the site. That's nice, but what "things" did the site manager asked to have fixed and what was done to level the site... Proof of this work?? So as far as we know, our frames now sit on an unstable and slanted slab.
3. Incorrect dates
- The BigM portal, on which we are supposed to be able to check progress, is stating the frames are scheduled to start on 20/11/2014. Good that you are starting early, but it would be helpful for us to be able to trust that information is correct so we have some idea of what is happening and when.
4. Poor Project Management/Planning
- It is questionable whether the BigM project managers have factored in any contingency in their planning/scheduling of this project. In the base stage, the BigM factored in ZERO buffer between steel wiring going in and the pouring of the concrete. This led to us having to take their word that they addressed all the issues before the concrete went in, by the way one issue was unresolved because the info wasn't given to the concreter in time so concrete was poured anyway. If there are any issues with the slab, how will the BigM fix them now that the frames have gone up.
We are excited to see our house slowly taking shape, but are just really concerned about the quality, concerned that the BigM are rushing this project and disappointed that we are not getting any updates at all.